Brisk Insurance Limited, FSP709251 holds a licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority to provide financial advice services.
Our office contact details
Brisk Insurance Limited is the Financial Advice Provider.
Unit 3, Ground Floor, 11 Freeman Way, Manukau City, Auckland
Telephone number: (09) 212 8690
Email address: email@example.com
Website address: www.briskinsurance.co.nz
Nature and Scope of Our Advice Services
Our Services – Advice on personal and business risk insurance
Products we can advise on:
- Personal risk Insurance (Life cover – lump sum and paid monthly, cash back life cover (AIA NZ), permanent term life cover, trauma insurance, income protection insurance, mortgage protection insurance, total and permanent disablement insurance, medical insurance, and premium waiver).
- Business Risk Insurance (Products that complement personal risk insurance e.g. shareholder protection, debt protection, key person protection, and ACC Levy restructure; plus business products including locum cover, business overheads protection, start-up income protection, key person benefit, and business continuity cover).
Product providers we may recommend:
- Partners Life
- Fidelity Life
- Asteron Life
- Southern Cross
- We can also provide quotes for health insurance from Accuro for clients who are on a 1 or 2 year visa.
Fees and Expenses
The following fees may apply to advice provided by Brisk Insurance Ltd:
- The fees charged for our advice and services is based on our hourly rate of $150.00 + GST per hour
- An initial minimum flat fee of $300.00 + GST may be charged which covers the first 2 hours of work.
- We may charge (once discussed and agreed upon) for subsequent time spent to complete the work in proportion to the time spent at the rate of $150.00 + GST per hour. If advice on ACC Levy Restructure is given, we will charge an initial fixed fee of $395.00 + GST.
These fees will be payable within 10 days of the insurance plan being presented.
The actual fee payable by a client will depend on the nature and scope of the advice or service we provide. We will discuss and agree on the actual fees with you before we proceed and explain how and when they are payable.
Where other costs are incurred in the process of providing our advice and services to you, you will be liable for these costs. However, we will discuss and agree on all additional costs with you prior to incurring them in .
Other costs may include claim servicing beyond the first 10 free hours per claim allotted with the implementation of the recommended insurance plan, which will be calculated at the rate of $150.00 +GST per hour in proportion to time spent.
Commissions and Incentives
Brisk Insurance receives commission from the providers on whose products we give financial advice (the insurers). If you decide to take out insurance, the provider will pay a commission to Brisk Insurance. The amount of commission is based on the amount of the premium associated with the type and level of cover you decide to take out.
The following commissions may be paid by the product provider:
- Initial commission – a percentage of the value of your insurance premiums; and
- Ongoing commission – a percentage of the value of your annual premiums, usually calculated at the end of each month in which your insurance policy renews.
Specific commissions payable will be advised to you at the time we provide our advice.
We may, from time to time, participate in insurer funded promotional events or training and development. Sometimes we are reimbursed by insurers for our costs related to promotional marketing. We may also receive non-monetary benefits from insurers which may include entertainment and attendance at insurer sponsored functions. These benefits are not generally attributed to any particular type of insurance or insurance policy.
Conflicts of Interest
To ensure that our financial adviser prioritises the client’s interest above their own, we follow an advice process that ensures our recommendations made are based on the client’s goals and circumstances. Our financial adviser undergoes annual training about how to manage conflicts of interest. We maintain a register of conflicts of interest monitored by Brisk Insurance .
Our internal complaints process
If you have a problem, concern, or complaint about any part of our advice or service, please tell us so that we can try to fix the problem. Our internal complaints manager can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or (09) 218 8686. They will reply to you within 2 working days.
When we receive a complaint, we will consider it per our internal complaints process, which consists of the following steps:
- Upon receipt, the complaint is entered into our Complaints Register
- We will reply to the client within 2 working days to advise what we are doing to resolve their complaint and provide them an overview of our Internal Complaints Process and provide information about our Dispute Resolution Scheme, and additionally refer them to our website briskinsurance.co.nz where this information is available.
- We assess whether the complaint is specific to Brisk Insurance or the provider of the client’s policy and investigate exactly what the problem is, how it happened, and the possible solution. If required, we will liaise with the provider to resolve the complaint.
- If we are able to resolve the complaint with our Internal Complaints Process, we will request the client to confirm via writing or email that they are satisfied with the resolution of the complaint.
Our external complaints process
If we cannot agree on how to fix the issue, or you aren’t satisfied with the way we propose to resolve your complaint, you can contact our external disputes resolution scheme – Financial Services Complaints Limited. (FSCL). FSCL provides a free, independent dispute resolution service that may help investigate or resolve your complaint, if we haven’t been able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction.
You can contact Financial Services Complaints Limited at:
Address: Level 4, Sybase House, 101 Lambton Quay, Wellington 6011
Telephone number: 0800 347 257
Email address: email@example.com
Brisk Insurance, and anyone who gives financial advice on our behalf, have duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way that we give advice.
We are required to:
- Give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to make sure our advice isn’t materially influenced by our own interests
- Exercise care, diligence, and skill in providing you with advice
- Meet standards of competence, knowledge, and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure that we have the expertise needed to provide you with advice)
- Meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct, and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure we treat you as we should and give you suitable advice).
This is only a summary of the duties that we have. More information is available by contacting us, or by visiting the Financial Markets Authority website at https://www.fma.govt.nz
Written copy of this information available on request
A written copy of the disclosure information contained on this page is available on request (free of charge)